CLICK TO PLAY VIDEOS OR VIEW PHOTOS

______________________

1.6.07

A floating model



In Bogliasco last year I met some lovely people. Here's a collaboration between three of us. Daniele Ligari made this model for a sculpture to be floated on a lake in the Italian Alps. He asked me to make a short video of the model, and the wonderful David Rakowski supplied one of his top notch piano études for the soundtrack. Half Tone. Piano playing is by Amy Dissanayake. You can see her playing the piece live here , along with many others of David's études.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, but too long!!!

Paul Rowley said...

oh you dirty Finn! It's as long as this lovely piece of music. C'est comme ça! I know every now and then I might post a blog that is not filling you with delight for every frame...but I hope to, and promise to be a little less lazy in the future!

Gun H said...

Mein Gott! The Irish artist is indeed very sensitive today! If Ireland is going to attack Finland because of this, I'm warning you - we have Lordi in the front line this time. The nuisance from the British during the Crimean War is still in vivid memory.

Paul Rowley said...

I remember how you Finns like to wield seals in battle, and so will have to apologise profusely for artistcally offending your fair nation!!!